Baby Yoga is based on a simplified version of Hatha and Ashtanga yoga. Yoga for babies can be active and dynamic and paradoxically relaxing and calming and so satisfies the need for movement when they wish to play but also soothes nerve endings and reflexes enabling them to relax, calm and quieten.
As with baby massage, baby yoga creates a life-long bond between parent and baby and creates a foundation for a happy and healthy life.
Benefits for baby
* Encourages greater control of their body moving from primitive reflexes to postural reflexes which remain with the child for life.
* Strengthens and improves muscle tone.
* Maintains flexibility of the spine and joints.
* Stimulates and balances the nervous system.
* Stimulates the production of oxytocin - happy hormone.
* Promotes a better sleep pattern
* Enhances body awareness.
* Can alleviate symptoms such as wind and colic.
Benefits for parents
* Strengthen and tones muscles including pelivc floor and back.
* Encourages time for relaxation and develops a sense of calm with breathing techniques and yoga based poses.
* Increases confidence in handling baby.
* Promotes an understanding of babies development.
* Potential to improve sleep using the relaxaxtion techniques.
* Improves physical wellbeing.
You do not have to be a Yoga guru to join baby yoga classes. Classes are perfect for beginners and offer a great opportunity to exercise together. They are a natural progression class from baby massage classes but this is not an essential requirement.
Classes are run over a 4 week period at the Simply Nurture Studio (between Desborough and Market Harborough).
Each class lasts for 1 hour 15 minutes and includes a personalised folder for your weekly hand-outs, any equipment that is required and also a drink and chat time at the end. I am more than happy to focus the chats around sleep, weaning, brain development or anything else the group may find useful.
The classes are small and friendly with maximum of 6 in a group.
The group course fee is £40
Private courses for groups of friends are also available - please ask for details.
Copyright @ All Rights Reserved